Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tri-loom

I've been thinking about this for months (since February) and decided I wanted to get a tri-loom.  As a weaver, I must be well versed in the craft.

My kids think I'm crazy because now I have a ridged heddle loom, a table loom, an inkle loom, a floor loom and now a tri-loom.  That's 5, count them, five looms.  I love them all!  (My warping board could double as an inkle, so I could say I've got six.)

Because the tri-loom is triangle shaped, it needs a special stand or a place to hang on a wall.  I didn't want to put holes in the wall to hang this, but I didn't want to buy a stand either.  The stand it more expensive than the loom!  So, I found a place in the garage.  I've been working slowly on it for a couple of days.  The first three rows were the hardest to do and after that, I've got it figured out.  I'm enjoying it, but I have to stand to weave and I get tired of that after a while.

I'll have pictures of the tri-loom up soon.  Wait for them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment