Monday, October 11, 2010

Long Overshot Wrap

I finished!!!  It took me a while, but that's mostly because I'm busy these days and it sat on the loom with only about three inches done for two weeks.  Once I started weaving and had the treadle pattern memorized, it went pretty quickly. 

It's 8 feet long.  At first I thought that was way to long, but once I started playing with it and wearing it, I realized it was a very nice length.  It's 18.5 inches wide.


I used up all the thread - all 1400 yards of it!  The thread is thick, so it makes a wonderful cold weather wrap.  I'm looking forward to winter now!

3 comments:

  1. Jakob put it well when he came over as I was admiring your talent. He said, WOW! That's Nice! Really, it's more then nice, it's Awesome!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lena. I wish you could see the beautiful pattern that is woven into it, but it's hard to see with the colored thread. Still, I LOVE the colors in the thread. It matches most everything I wear, purple, blue, black.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Crazy how one day you just became a weaver. Dreamer weaver, I believe you can get me through the ni-hight. That song comes in my head every time I say the word weaver.

    ReplyDelete