Sunday, December 27, 2009

My floor loom!

I've got a floor loom and I'm so very excited. Six months ago I was just figuring out how to work my Inkle loom and now, I've got a 36in floor loom! It's put together, but the gal I bought it from must have had the thing stored in a hot, humid place because of few of the boards are a bit warped. It's not too bad, thank goodness, but I won't be able to weave until I take care of those warped areas.

It's a Harrisville, 4 harness, 4 treadle loom. I've never used a foot treadle before. Now I just need lots of yarn!
My dad was here for the holidays. He brought me my loom from where I had bought it. He was pretty annoyed at the loom having to transport it. He thought I was crazy, but over three days he really got to liking my looms and weaving. He said he will build me a triangle loom and an new nicer Inkle loom. He has already commissioned me for a few projects.

I need thread! Big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment