Tuesday, December 29, 2009

onto the HD

HD does not stand for High Definition in this house! It's stands for Harrisville Designs, the name of my new floor loom. As Harrisville Designs is quite a long name and I don't feel like typing it over and over, it will, from this point on, be called HD.

Today I finished my Christmas table runner. It is much shorter than I would have liked. If I had had two rolls of this yarn instead of one, it would have been a perfect length. As it is, it is pretty and sitting on my dining table with a single candle in the middle of it. My 6 year old daughter asked what a table runner was for. I told it her it is to make the table look pretty and is very nice with candles on top of it. She put on the runner a candle holder she made at school and gave to me for Christmas. It looks very pretty. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow.

So, with that finished, I decided it is time to test out the HD. It was quite late this evening when I pulled out the warping board. I got about 100 warp threads on it right now. It isn't much, and it isn't long, but it will be enough for me to play with the HD and learn how to use it. I can't wait. My first project, when I'm ready will be curtains.

We'll see how long it takes me to thread the HD the first time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment