Monday, February 15, 2010

Off the loom today

It's been a while since I posted anything here. I've been busy weaving, but I haven't taken many pictures. Here's a few of the projects I've been working on:

This is made from an old t-shirt I was getting ready to throw out. Actually, I did throw it out and decided it would be a fun experiment on rag weaving, so I pulled the shirt out of the trash, cut it up and put it through the loom.

I've never done a fancy tie up through the heddles before. I always just did a 1-2-3-4 tie up. This time I followed a pattern and did 4-3-2-1, 4-3-4, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-1, and so on. Then, I ran my weft through the same pattern. It developed into a really great pattern.
See the diamonds?

It's bigger than a place mat, but not by much.
This next one is pretty. It's made from two pieces of iridescent fabric. On the outsides, it is a white shiny fabric. Then, there is a blue and in the middle I ran the blue and white together. As you can see, I used the same diamond pattern. It's really pretty, but not big enough to do anything with. I don't know why I do this - make things that I really can't use. I guess I could turn it into a small bag. I'm just having fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment