Saturday, September 4, 2010

Overshot attempts

I'm trying a new pattern.  It's an Overshot pattern called "Maple Leaf".  It's so different from anything I've tried, but I'm loving the way it is turning out.

I can not get my selvages to look good. It's frustrating.  With the overshot pattern, it requires me to use floating selvages.  I've never done that before.  I'll keep working on getting the selvage even, but if you don't look at the edges, it's super NEAT!  I didn't read the pattern quite right and the maple leaf is on the side of the pattern rather than the middle.  Oh well, I'll know better next time. I'll be doing this one again because it is so much fun and the results look so amazing.

Where are the pictures?  My sweet two year old broke the digital camera.  UGGG!  I'm so upset.  I hope that by the time I finish this, I'll have a new camera.  Then I'll be able to take a photo of this incredible project.

I'm using an all black cotton warp and a deep royal purple for the weft.  The look is very dramatic.  I have plans for this too.  It's going to be a wrap for a dress I have that is dark purple.  It isn't as wide as I would like.  I should have added another hundred threads to the warp.  Right now it just has 250.

Well, I had better get working on it again, buy a camera, and get a good picture so I can wear my beautiful dress and wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment