Monday, September 20, 2010

Overshot pictures

This neat-o pattern is the overshot pattern I mentioned.
Is it great?!?  I really like it, but I didn't do such a great job at it.  First of all, I've got it off center.  I didn't read the pattern right, so the main butterfly pattern is off to the side rather than in the middle.  Second, my selvages were terrible and I wound the thread very loosely.  I'm still working on getting my warp nice and tight.  Then, I realized I wouldn't have enough thread to finish the six feet I wanted.

So, I cut if off and re-threaded the entire loom.  This time the butterfly is in the center.  I bought the prettiest cotton/rayon thread called Astra.  This particular color combo is called Peacock.  I think it's beautiful.
It's green, blue, purple and a tiny bit of black.  The thing is with this thread, you don't see the overshot pattern very well.  Still, I think I'm going to finish this warp with this yarn.  I have a lot of this thread, so it should last me.  What slows me down the most is my bobbin.  It's four inches long and doesn't hold much thread at a time.  So, I don't make it far in the pattern before I run out of thread on the bobbin.   
Then there is the issue with my kids.  They don't let me work very long.
I want to have this ready for this fall.  That means I'll have to put a lot more time into it than I'm giving now.
It's going to look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment