Friday, March 11, 2011

Pretty, but what is it?

I have some beautiful cotton chenille threads right now to play with.  One of them is a gorgeous lavender color.  I had to do something with it.

I've been having a lot of trouble getting the patterns in my weaving to show up.  One theory was I was using too thin of a warp thread for the larger, thicker chenille weft.  So, this project used the purple and blue chenille for the warp and then I woven entirely with the purple thread.  It is so soft!

The pattern still didn't show up like I had hoped, but it worked out better.  So, I played with it.  It's pretty and it is soft, but I'm not sure what I want to do with it.  I'm thinking I might sew it into large bags.
This is weave #1
Hold it up to the window and you can see a bit of the pattern.  It's isn't spectacular, but it's nice.  You can see in the weave there are darker threads, they are random blue threads I threw into the warp to spice it up a bit.

Weave #2
Here it is up to the window.  You can see the pattern so much better with light behind it:

I like this a lot.  It's got a nice stripe thing going on in it.

I like the idea of making some bags out of this, but I don't know what to use for a bag strap.  I thought about using the inkle loom to make nice straps, but you can see in the previous post, that turned into a disaster.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment