Saturday, October 3, 2009

A fun gift

My good friend, Rebecca, showed up at my house yesterday to drop off her son to play with my son. She had in her hand a skien of hand-spun wool yarn she picked up at the local fair for me. I was so excited! I've never used wool yarn, much less hand-spun yarn. The colors are pretty. It's kind of like a tie-dyed shirt. It starts out grey, and turns blue, then green, they gray, then pink and so on with those colors. They are dark, subdued colors, very pretty.


I put the entire skien on my warping board and I started to wind it around my stick shuttle. My loom is warped with the pretty grey cotton that I've been using. Colorwise, it works perfectly! I'll start weaving with it tomorrow. I can't wait to see how it works out.

Thanks Rebecca, this yarn is a most beautiful and fun gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment