Saturday, October 3, 2009

productive weekend

I've gotten some good weaving in this weekend. I'm getting better! I was using the zig-zag pattern and realized that unless I'm really concentrating, I get lost in the pattern and forget which way I'm going and where I am in the pattern. That being so, my latest projects have some funny zig-zags going on, but it looks ok and fun anyway.

I made two of these things. They are about the size of a place mat - 11 1/4 inches by 15 inches. I used the same pattern on these, but reversed the colors. The first one I made had a dark blue edge and off-white middle. The one I did today has the off-white edge and dark blue middle.

What are they? I don't know. I suppose they can be place mats or dish towels. Knowing what I'm weaving and why I'm weaving something is becoming more important now. While I'm still learning to weave, I'm more comfortable in what I'm doing and am capable of producing more than practice pieces. I really don't know what I can do now, but what I would like to do are 4 place mats, 4 napkins and one table runner to be sold as a set, after I make myself a set that is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment