Thursday, September 24, 2009

project update

I finished the little dishtowel sized cloth I was weaving. As you can see, at the top, I was playing around with different patterns before I finally decided on one that worked well. It most certainly isn't the prettiest thing ever woven. You can see on the left side of the cloth how much thicker the blue edge is before the off-white and how on the right side it doesn't match. That is where I ran out of room due to all the extra heddles. This next picture is of the project I started this afternoon. I'm using the blue in a "tubular" twill, as my book calls it. That particular pattern makes a very dark, thick weave and it is excellent as a border. Then I began using the off-white in a "left twill" pattern and then reversing it, giving it the zig-zag appearance.

I believe this project will go better because I decided early on what I wanted to do and didn't play around with it. I like the way this one is turning out. Perhaps if I do a good job, I can make placemats out of them....

No comments:

Post a Comment